An Open Letter to Baseball

Dear Baseball,

When I was little I always went outside, I took my sisters dora baseball bat, and hit a couple wiffle balls with my dad. It was probably the best thing I can remember from my childhood. My dad tought me how to throw the baseball, hit the baseball, and catch the baseball. I practice pitching with him most of the time. I love when my dad yells, “Strike!” After I pitch the white and red-stripped ball. Now after all that practicing I have not done a single season, but now, I think i’m ready.

I tried a couple of sports before playing a season of baseball. I was trying to find a perfect sport that I know I’m good at. I tried soccer for a LONG time, then I tried football, next my dad offered golf, then finally I found baseball. That was the sport I have been looking for. After practicing baseball in my childhood I just stopped when I did soccer at 7. It took me about 4 more years until I actually throw another baseball. My best friend Aidan started throwing baseballs with me at recess in 5th grade. He told me that I’m really good and I should play. That motivated me and always will.

Since its winter, I obviously can’t play a seaon of baseball becuase I’d freeze like a icicle, so I’m waiting for spring, the best time of year for baseball. I practice alot and try to get better everyday so I can be one of the best players . on my team. I can’t wait to hit a home run and make my dad proud, or get a 3 strikes in a row if I’m pitcher, or feel that ball hit the leather of my glove If I’m outfield.

4 thoughts on “An Open Letter to Baseball